Can you make mobility sustainable?
The BMW Group has set itself ambitious goals to increase sustainability. We are striving for a holistic approach – from the supply chain through vehicle production to the use phase and recycling.
To achieve these ambitious goals, we are launching this Open Call for startups worldwide to participate in our 360° Sustainability Challenge and achieve a long-term impact throughout our entire product lifecycle. The BMW Group already recognized the power of startups when it created the BMW Startup Garage in 2015, with the aim of enabling valuable technology transfer. If your startup offers an innovative solution that can make a sustainable contribution, we look forward to hearing from you!
What's in for you?As the BMW Group’s venture client unit, we are hosting the 360° Sustainability Challenge to form new partnerships and secure technology transfer. In this way, startups are able to win the BMW Group as a venture client and also gain access to the automotive industry.
Over the next six months, we will seek out and select leading startups with cutting-edge solutions worldwide. The top startups with the biggest impact on sustainability for the BMW Group will not only benefit from insights and direct feedback from our BMW experts, but will also be able to join the BMW Startup Garage program and gain the BMW Group as a premium client.
Roadmap to our Venture
The Open Call runs from April until the end of June. Every startup fulfilling the criteria listed below may submit its information during this phase.
We will screen all startup applications for our 360° Sustainability Challenge and evaluate whether the startups meet our criteria and if their technologies can deliver a sustainable impact in one of the proposed fields.
The BMW Startup Garage and additional stakeholders within the BMW Group will decide which startup solution can have the greatest impact on the defined innovation fields within the 360° Sustainability Challenge and are ready to start a pilot project.
The startups that make it into the BMW Startup Garage venture client program will get to build, learn, network and sell their solution to the leading premium automotive manufacturer. Learn more about our program here.
What kind of startups are we looking for?
- Your startup’s product, service or technology has a compelling use case to improve the sustainability of any BMW Group Division: Automotive, Mobility Services, Manufacturing, IT, Sales & Marketing or HR. Your solution can originate from or be applied to other industries.
- Your startup has a functioning prototype or working product. Prototypes must be mature enough to be integrated and validated in a BMW Group Division.
- Your startup has a full-time team including CEO, CTO, CMO, and/or other chief level positions.
- Your startup has graduated from an equity accelerator or has funding from a professional venture capitalist.
- Your startup must be a legal entity of any country. (Inc., LLC, GmbH, etc.)